Hybrid Learning Begins!
We are pleased to inform you that Rock Point Community School will be starting hybrid instruction in two phases. Hybrid means your child will attend school in-person for two days and remotely for three days during the week.
- Phase I High School & Middle School students only, begins Monday, October 11, 2021 which is also a LATE START DAY (instruction begins at 10 a.m.)
- Phase II Elementary School students begin Monday, October 18, 2021.
Do I have a choice as a Parent? Parents/Guardians still have a choice between the Learning Models of Remote Only and Hybrid instruction. Parents may change Learning Model options by contacting the school at (928) 659-4221.
What is Group 1 and Group 2? Students coming to the RPCS campus for instruction will be placed in two groups.
- Group 1 students will come to school on Monday and Tuesday and attend school remotely Wednesday through Friday.
- Group 2 students will attend school remotely Monday through Wednesday and come to school on Thursday and Friday.
- The group listing will be shared with students and families Friday, October 08 by your child's classroom teacher for elementary and by the Intervention teacher for secondary via email.
Also, there are some extremely important expectations and instructions we ask parents/guardians to follow daily.
- Please pre-screen your child every morning by taking their temperature and asking your child if they are feeling any of the symptoms listed below for COVID19 infection.
- Have your child ready at the bus stop if they will be transported by RPCS to the school. Busses will arrive at RPCS main bus loop at approximately 7:30 a.m. on regular days.
- If you will be transporting your child to school, drop off points are as follows:
- Elementary: Parking lot west of Elementary Main Building
- Secondary: Drop-Off Loop in front of Secondary Building Main Entrance
- Student Pick Up will be at the same locations as student drop off points.
- Please make sure your child is wearing a mask, understands that they must continue wearing it throughout the day while on campus, and maintain social distance from their peers.
- DON'T BRING: Students should not bring hand sanitizer or any other items not necessary for learning (toys, sports equipment, snacks, drinks, etc.).
- DO BRING: Students should always bring their laptops, chargers & a clean reusable water bottle.
- If a child is being checked out by an authorized person, they cannot return to the school on the same day to avoid unnecessary traffic and possible exposure to the virus.
- Parents & students will be required to complete an online safety course provided by RPCS through Safe Schools Website. The Safe Schools link will be provided on Friday, October 8 by email.
- Provide a copy of the student's COVID19 Vaccination Card if vaccinated.
Thank you for your involvement in your child's education! If you have any questions, you can call me at 928-659-4607 or email at email@example.com Have a great day!
*Please review the information below regarding COVID-19 Screening with your child(ren) the day before they come to school. Our partnership is required to create a safe learning environment for all children, teachers, and staff.
If your child has a body temperature of 100 degrees, please keep your child at home, call the school regarding attendance, and call your child's doctor.
1. 1. Do you or anyone in your household have symptoms of sore throat, runny nose, cough, shortness of breath, fever, chills, body aches/muscle pain, headache, loss of taste or smell, tiredness, vomiting, diarrhea?
2. 2. Have you or anyone in your household tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days?
3. 3. Have you or anyone in your household have had close contact with anyone positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days?
4. 4. Have you been tested for COVID-19 in the past 14 days and have you received test results?